New look!!!

Posted by M. in Nov 24,2007 with 26 Comments

Surprise!!! We have a brand new layout, to celebrate the release of the “Golden Compass”. It’s very ethereal, a bit witchy and it also has everything to do with Eva (I didn’t want to have a Serafina layout, I wanted to have an Eva Green one.). I hope that you’ll like it. The header is a creation by my friend Janine and the coding is, as usual, by my friend Annie. Thank you girls!

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 24th, 2007 at 8:33 pm and is filed under Site. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

26 Responses to “New look!!!”

1. Comment by Jess in November 24, 2007 @ 8:37 pm

it looks gorgeous! great job mariana :)

2. Comment by Monique in November 25, 2007 @ 12:52 am

It’s fantastic!!! Good work!!!
    TGC is almost around the corner…I have so many things to look forward to this December…Christmas and this!!!! Yaaaay!!!

3. Comment by Monique in November 25, 2007 @ 1:07 am

I’ve decided on something and I hope you guys don’t kill me for this…but if the movie has any blasphemous content in it, I’m boycotting it…right then and there even in the middle of the movie, even in the middle of Eva’s scene, I’m leaving the cinema…I mean, I love Eva dearly as much as you all do, but I love my God more…

On to other stuff: I’m sure you all know Westlife (yes, I listen to them sometimes) but did you ever notice that when they sing that song of theirs “Evergreen”, their accent makes it sound like they’re saying Eva Green? Like they’re singing about her…
    I just heard the song on the radio, and that made me laugh!

4. Comment by George in November 25, 2007 @ 1:17 am

Well done Mariana, Annie and Janine (although I bend my neck left – hearing a small crack- to see the header). Thanks a lot for taking so much care for EGW!

5. Comment by Mariana in November 25, 2007 @ 1:31 am

Thanks for the lovely comments, everyon!

Monique: I understand and respect your beliefs, but please let’s not talk about religion here. Certain subjects, such as religion, only lead to disagreements, because there are always people who don’t share our points of view. I didn’t change anything to your comment, but I wanted to ask you kindly not to start a “religious war” here. Because you know… after someone posts something remotely about religion, there comes someone else and replies, and maybe you won’t like the reply, etc. Let’s try to avoid controversial themes.

George: Eva was lying on the floor in the original photos too.

6. Comment by Mycah in November 25, 2007 @ 2:42 am

I think this is really nice, very witchy and I like the colors. Nice work everyone!

7. Comment by EvaAnne in November 25, 2007 @ 7:12 am

Thank you very much to Mariana, Annie and Janine! A truly gorgeous layout!!

8. Comment by George in November 25, 2007 @ 7:46 am

Monique I agree with Mariana. I believe in God and I also believe that God is so strong that cannot be harmed by a movie or a book. The specific site is not the place to start a religious debate that could harm our so good and friendly atmosphere. God is love after all…

9. Comment by Lola in November 25, 2007 @ 8:02 am

Thanks for the gorgeous new layout, where did those pics come from/which photoshoot? I don’t remember them at all & they’re stunning!

10. Comment by Luciana in November 25, 2007 @ 10:27 am

Wonderful new layout! Good job, girls!

11. Comment by Frederik in November 25, 2007 @ 10:37 am

The new layout looks great!! Congrats :-)

12. Comment by EvaAnne in November 25, 2007 @ 10:58 am

…And from what photoshoot(s) are the pictures in these lovely new icons I just found in the FanArtArchives? I don’t recognise them:

13. Comment by Sienna in November 25, 2007 @ 12:21 pm

I like it! :)

14. Comment by spot in November 25, 2007 @ 12:22 pm

Mariana: you almost gave me a heart attack after seeing the site. lol.

GREAT GREAT JOB girls! i’m loving the new look! ;)

Monique: i completely agree with Mariana. this is not the site for it. let’s keep EGW scandal-word war free.

15. Comment by Mawi in November 25, 2007 @ 1:42 pm

Ce design est superbe :D J’aime vraiment beaucoup! Bravo Mariana!

16. Comment by Riikka in November 25, 2007 @ 4:59 pm

Beautiful layout! Great job. :)

17. Comment by Sa in November 25, 2007 @ 11:05 pm

its pretty, nice textures.

18. Comment by George in November 26, 2007 @ 2:39 am

info: Eva is now on 125 (from 176 last week) in IMDbpro’s starmeter, as the GC premiere’s approaches.

19. Comment by Sam in November 26, 2007 @ 4:02 am

Superbe photos, moi j’adore !!

20. Comment by Aseo in November 26, 2007 @ 9:20 am

This new layout’s very nice, makes change

21. Comment by Monique in November 27, 2007 @ 12:54 am

Sorry if I disturbed or upset you guys, but thanks for understanding as well!!!

22. Comment by Mariana in November 27, 2007 @ 12:59 am

Monique: You didn’t disturb or upset me, don’t worry about it. I don’t think you upset spot and George either. You should do what your heart tells you. But we’re avoiding discussing religion here. That’s all.

23. Comment by spot in November 27, 2007 @ 5:52 am

Monique: you didn’t disturbed or upset me either. it’s just a word of advice. to each on his own but i just believe this is not a place to discuss it here as this is an Eva Green website. After all, religion is a rather complex subject ;)

24. Comment by George in November 27, 2007 @ 3:52 pm

Monique: I am really upset!
    (Not with you, but because in my country the GC will be shown with two weeks delay and Eva didn’t send me any invitations for the London’s premiere)

25. Comment by spot in November 27, 2007 @ 9:05 pm

George: Philippines is the luckiest. TGC will be shown on December 5, two days before the rest of the world.

26. Comment by Monique in November 28, 2007 @ 2:03 am

Thanks, guys!!

I was really surprised when I found out that we would get to watch TGC here two days early…we may not have gotten Midnight Poison here in the Philippines, but at least we get to watch TGC early…I guess you win some, you lose some…I think they’re showing it Dec. 5 in France as well, wasn’t that what the French poster said?

Maybe they can show it in an IMAX theatre, then I could watch it in 3D…Oh that would be soooo awesome!!!