“Justice League of America” Rumours, etc

Posted by M. in Jan 04,2008 with 46 Comments

Thanks to Eva’s management, I can now officially say that Eva has no interest or involvement whatsoever in “Justice League of America”. She has no films to announce as yet. There’s no official word yet on whether New Line will proceed with the next Dark Materials film, but they think they’d shoot the 2nd and 3rd film together if they go for it.

And in case you missed December 14th 2007′s post, she isn’t involved in “Twilight” either.

This entry was posted on Friday, January 4th, 2008 at 10:10 am and is filed under Rumours. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

46 Responses to ““Justice League of America” Rumours, etc”

1. Comment by Tom in January 4, 2008 @ 10:27 am

Well as much as I’d like to see Eva run around in a skimpy Wonder Woman costume, I’m just as happy she’s not interested! :)

2. Comment by thirtyspokes in January 4, 2008 @ 11:07 am

As I said, I trust Eva’s judgement when she picks up a script… But I am relieved by this official statement! :)

3. Comment by spot in January 4, 2008 @ 11:21 am

THANK GOD. THANK GOD. THANK GOD. THANK GOD. THANK GOD….and of course THANKS EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and Mariana for verifying this. my 2008 start will not be spoiled!)

4. Comment by George in January 4, 2008 @ 12:15 pm

So, Franklyn…Franklyn…Franklyn…

5. Comment by EvaAnne in January 4, 2008 @ 12:36 pm

Thank you for the info, Mariana!

I always wonder where these rumours come from…Some seem so plausible.

6. Comment by Irina in January 4, 2008 @ 2:13 pm

merci Mariana!!!

7. Comment by Monique in January 5, 2008 @ 1:14 am

WHEW…thanks Mariana…I’m glad she’s not doing it…and I agree with thirtyspokes, Eva can be trusted in picking out the good scripts…
    Now, Franklyn…anyone know the official release date?

8. Comment by Monique in January 5, 2008 @ 1:17 am

So the kids’ mag got it right, partly…Adam Brody and Teresa Palmer really might be doing the film…well, good luck to them…

Wonder what’s next for Eva this year after Franklyn?

9. Comment by Aeso in January 5, 2008 @ 4:21 am

10. Comment by Peps in January 5, 2008 @ 9:53 am

Fiu,thanks god she’s not involved in this!

11. Comment by Lola in January 5, 2008 @ 12:01 pm

Did anyone see Film 2007 Movies of the Year recently? Eva was on it – a number of actors were asked what their movie of the year was – and she said, in a rather French way, “I completely fell in love with Emile Hirsch”, she didn’t pronounce the ‘H’ as many Frenchies do. She also said she couldn’t sleep the night she watched the film because of it’s impact, which I thought was cool. A pretty profiund reaction to a film – and that’s coming from a self-proclaimed film geek! ;)

12. Comment by EvaAnne in January 5, 2008 @ 12:58 pm

Lola, I saw that too, and I agree. Eva was so sweet.

13. Comment by Tom in January 5, 2008 @ 2:18 pm

Which Emile Hirsch movie was she referring to?

14. Comment by George in January 5, 2008 @ 3:48 pm

Tom: probably “Into the Wild” of Sean Penn

15. Comment by Peps in January 5, 2008 @ 6:59 pm

I suppose Into the Wild

16. Comment by EvaAnne in January 6, 2008 @ 5:02 am

Yep, it was Into the Wild

17. Comment by spot in January 6, 2008 @ 5:21 am

Emile Hirsch is on my list of actors i want Eva to work with in the future (just forget about the fact that he appeared in a Paris Hilton music video). Into the Wild is such a powerful film. i’m glad Eva liked it because it’s also on my top 10 films of 2007.

18. Comment by George in January 7, 2008 @ 12:58 am

Any news from the BAFTAs and the orange rising star award?

19. Comment by Lola in January 7, 2008 @ 2:13 pm

Does anyone know where Eva and James McAvoy are on imdb’s Starmeter? I know it’s outiside the Top 25 (How?), but I thought it would be pretty interesting to know where he’d come. If anyone finds out, could they please check where Sienna Miller and Charlie Cox? Oooh, Cate Blanchett, too.

20. Comment by George in January 7, 2008 @ 3:10 pm

Lola this week we have:
    Eva Green 150 (last week 83)
    James McAvoy 22 (29)
    Sienna Miller 169 (113)
    Charlie Cox 399 (469)
    Cate Blanchett 106 (88)

21. Comment by Tom in January 7, 2008 @ 4:20 pm

Well two out of five are headed in the right direction. :P

22. Comment by George in January 8, 2008 @ 12:13 am

Tom: the list is actualy very volatile from week to week and heavily depends on the public activities of each one’s projects. For example Eva during TGC promo reached 33. As we move away from these events they drop from the list and other raise. Many times in top five you can also see some unkown newcomers. During the last year, Eva’s highest rank was 2 (last January after Casino Royal) and lowest rank 409 (last September), with an average of about 150, which is a very good and robust performance on the long run.

23. Comment by spot in January 8, 2008 @ 5:14 am

that’s a big drop for Eva :(

24. Comment by Ea in January 8, 2008 @ 8:32 am

GREAT! If she had done this one, I would have cried!

For Mariana: have you got the midnight poison scan?

25. Comment by Lola in January 8, 2008 @ 10:57 am

Hey George, here’s that Bafta news: Sienna up for cinema award
    PA Entertainment

Sienna has been nominated for a rising star Bafta (Sienna Miller has been nominated for an award for rising stars of cinema).

The actress, 26, is one of five names shortlisted for the gong before the winner is announced at next month’s glittering Bafta ceremony.

Other contenders include Sam Riley, 28, from Leeds, who won rave reviews for his performance as Ian Curtis in Control, the biopic about the Joy Division frontman.

Last year, French Bond actress Eva Green took the title, the only award at the Baftas voted for by the public.

The other nominees for the award, now in its third year, give it an international flavour.

They include US actor Shia LaBeouf, 21, who will appear in the fourth Indiana Jones instalment alongside Harrison Ford and was recently seen in action adventure Transformers.

Chinese actress and former model Tang Wei, 28, who makes her feature film debut in Ang Lee’s new erotic thriller Lust, Caution, is also up for the award.

The final contender is Canadian actress Ellen Page, 20, who played the lead in the film Hard Candy and is notching up warm reviews for her role as a pregnant teenager in the forthcoming movie Juno.

The shortlist was chosen by a jury consisting of industry figures and Green and chaired by Duncan Kenworthy, the producer of films like Love Actually.

Film fans can have their say by voting via the Orange website orange.co.uk/bafta or text message. The winner of the Orange Rising Star Award will be announced at the Baftas on February 10.

Tue 08 Jan

26. Comment by Lola in January 8, 2008 @ 10:58 am

Also, George, thanks for the imdb news! ;) :D

27. Comment by Lola in January 8, 2008 @ 12:10 pm

Eva pics/Bafta news!! http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/01/08/eva-green-rising-star/
    Eva’s pulling a really odd face in the second one of these pics, kinda scary. And that really isn’t the most flattering outfir in the world – I hate to say this, but I’m quite disappointed. :(

28. Comment by George in January 8, 2008 @ 12:59 pm

Thank you too Lola for the fruitful info regarding BAFTA. Sam Riley for Control is my favourite (look the relative post on November 23rd). Tang Wei was also very good in Lust, Caution (a courageous debut that reminds me Eva’s debut in the Dreamers).

29. Comment by George in January 8, 2008 @ 1:04 pm

spot: I think it’s normal. In the period before December (before TGC) she was between 200-300 which is Ok for a (deliberately) not much exposed actress.

30. Comment by Lola in January 8, 2008 @ 1:49 pm

More Bafta news here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=506797&in_page_id=1773 with a little snippet from Eva, “This year’s five nominees are all actors who have really stood out in their work and I’m sure we’ll see a lot more of them throughout 2008.” I thought Sam Riley would be a shoe-in, but I’m voting for Sienna, as Sam has already won a BIFA for his role and I reckon he will be a dead-cert to win the Empire ‘Newcomer’ Award, and could easily walk away with a LCC gong, too. ;)

31. Comment by maz in January 8, 2008 @ 1:50 pm

hey just jared has photos of Eva after she announced the 2008 Orange Rising Star Award. http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/01/08/eva-green-rising-star/
    She looks gorgeous as usual! hope ellen page wins, shes amazing

32. Comment by Lola in January 8, 2008 @ 2:04 pm

Oh, I forgot, Olga Kurylenko (Ukrainian model) will be replacing Eva as the main Bond ‘girl’ in Bond 22 (working title). She will play, “the dangerously alluring Camille and will challenge Bond and help him deal with Vesper’s betrayal”. There’s more info. on this at http://www.empireonline.com & http://www.comingsoon.net :D

33. Comment by Lola in January 8, 2008 @ 4:09 pm
  34. Comment by Lola in January 8, 2008 @ 5:41 pm

Red carpet highlights from last year http://bafta.orange.co.uk/redCarpet/ Eva is one of the options ;)

35. Comment by Monique in January 8, 2008 @ 11:54 pm

Lola: really? I heard it was someone called Gemma Atherton? Don’t know her…Ha! Atherton or Kurylenko, no one can trump Eva as Vesper!!!! Wonder what she has to say about it?

36. Comment by Mariana in January 9, 2008 @ 12:13 am

Monique: There are always more than one Bond girl in a James Bond film.

37. Comment by George in January 9, 2008 @ 12:21 am

I think Atherton will be the good girl (MI6) and Olga the bad (?). No comparison with Eva…

38. Comment by Lola in January 9, 2008 @ 8:49 am

Arterton is playing the secondary ‘girl’, Agent Fields & Olga the ‘hotter’ one who’s sexy and dangerous.

39. Comment by Lola in January 9, 2008 @ 8:51 am

Technically, CR had 3 Bond girls. Anyways, more inof on the new one, with mentions of Eva, here http://movienews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=48502 New movie is to have two Bond girls

40. Comment by George in January 9, 2008 @ 1:09 pm

Lola are you inluding M in the CR’s girls?

41. Comment by Lola in January 9, 2008 @ 4:25 pm

George, I was referring to that blonde one, who’s there clearly as window-dressing. Can’t remember her name, I think she does modelling mostly (she played Le Chiffre’s ‘bint’), and in some of the promotional material for CR, she was imcluded as a Bond girl.

42. Comment by Mariana in January 9, 2008 @ 4:40 pm

Lola: Actually, the blonde one, Ivana Milicevic, has an extensive filmography, but she never had any very relevant role.

43. Comment by Lola in January 9, 2008 @ 9:38 pm

Oh, cheers Mariana. I knew her name, but was having a completely blank moment! =)

44. Comment by George in January 10, 2008 @ 12:58 am

Yes, you are right Lola, she passed almost unnoticed (…or Judi Dentz was more impressing?)

45. Comment by spot in January 10, 2008 @ 1:49 am

i was actually surprised Ivana was given a fairly small role in Casino Royale. i thought she’ll have a bigger role than Caterina when i first heard she’s involved in Casino Royale….

46. Comment by Monique in January 12, 2008 @ 5:05 am

Does Ivana Milicevic always have such a thick accent?
    Anyway, I’m really sad Eva won’t be doing Bond 22…I was really looking forward to that…*Monique pouts*…Oh, well it’s probably for the best, it would probably get a little tiresome to have the same Bond Girls over and over again, but still…