Eva Green Enters Into “Arbitrage”

Posted by M. in Nov 03,2010 with 18 Comments

Al Pacino has set financial thriller “Arbitrage” as his next film. He’ll star opposite Eva Green and Susan Sarandon.

Writer-director Nicholas Jarecki is set to start principal photography in Gotham next spring.

Michael Ohoven (“Capote”) is producing and financing through his Infinity Media banner. Kevin Turen and Robert Salerno also are producers.

Lisa Wilson’s Parlay Films, an affiliate of GK Films, is selling international rights and will debut the project at the American Film Market. ICM is repping North American rights.

Laura Bickford (“Traffic”) and Brian Young (“The Runaways”) are exec producing the pic.

“Arbitrage” stars Pacino as a hedge fund magnate who is in over his head and desperate to complete the sale of his trading empire to a major bank before his fraud is revealed. But an unexpected, bloody error forces him to turn to the most unlikely corner for help.

Source

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 at 4:40 am and is filed under Movies, Rumours. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

18 Responses to “Eva Green Enters Into “Arbitrage””

1. Comment by spot in November 3, 2010 @ 6:53 am

this has so much epicness and potential going on for it. let this be true. amen.

2. Comment by ammar in November 3, 2010 @ 7:34 am

OMG….i cant wait 4 it…a dream to see eva with al pacino….

3. Comment by EvaAnne in November 3, 2010 @ 10:10 am

Oooh, that sounds exciting, and again, very different from what Eva has done before… Plus Pacino is a great actor!

4. Comment by George in November 3, 2010 @ 11:03 am

Great luck for Al to co-star with Eva! It’s the first shooting for Eva in the other coast of the Atlantic (New York). Is she approaching Hollywood? Was this some kind of spell from Morgana? Who knows… :)

5. Comment by EvaAnne in November 3, 2010 @ 1:43 pm

I found this little snippet, offering a little more information on Eva’s role:

Aside from a shady business, the hedge fund guy (Pacino) juggles a wife (Sarandon) and an art dealer mistress (Green), as well as rivals who want to bring him down.

6. Comment by EvaAnne in November 3, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

And unrelated to Arbitage, I found this on imdb, referring to 2004′s “Closer” (with Jude Law, Clive Owen, etc.):

The role of Alice was set to be Eva Green’s Hollywood movie debut, but she dropped out at the last minute.

This was news to me! Does anyone happen to know why Eva dropped out?

7. Comment by George in November 3, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

EvaAnne: Thnx for the fruitful info. Regarding “Closer” I haven’t heard anything related to Eva. She never mentioned it either. It was just after the Dreamers and maybe concurrently with Arsene Lupin. Mystery… We need a detective here…

8. Comment by Lola in November 3, 2010 @ 4:43 pm

Hmm, I really hope Pacino steps up his game in this – he’s become ‘hammy’, to say the least, in the past few years…I also hope this film doesn’t take up too much of Eva’s time, so she can get on with her other more interesting (imho) projects :)

9. Comment by Antigonus in November 4, 2010 @ 4:27 am

Because it was a bad part presumably – !

10. Comment by Nausicaa in November 4, 2010 @ 4:29 am

EvaAnne: Honestly, I think that bit of “news” is more or less someone’s complete fabrication. I remember when “Closer” was announced – I was an avid fan of several of its cast members, so I was watching closely – and I’m pretty sure that no one other than Natalie Portman was ever attached to Portman’s role (at least publicly). Cate Blanchett was originally attached to Julia Roberts’ role, but dropped out (not at the last minute) due to pregnancy. But never was Eva’s name mentioned.

11. Comment by George in November 4, 2010 @ 9:50 am

Nausicaa: you are certainly the detective I was asking for :) Thnx for the info

12. Comment by Alexander in November 4, 2010 @ 5:55 pm

I doubt that arbitrage is a right word for the situation mentioned in the brief.

What could be really interesting is a music for romantic dance in Arbitrage. al pacino was 70 this year. Nevertheless he has got Best Actor in 1992 for his dance in Scent of a Woman (Por Uno Cabeza). One more good tango and may be award would be given to Eva…

13. Comment by EvaAnne in November 5, 2010 @ 4:42 am

Nausicaa: Thanks! That sounds very plausible.

14. Comment by EvaAnne in November 5, 2010 @ 7:35 am
  15. Comment by Nikos in November 5, 2010 @ 8:50 am

Hello My Friends…..

Just wanted to Add a Little here…
    When you think about what Al Pacino brings to the screen regardless of age as we all would agree I’m sure and Mix that with a Young Up and coming Actress like Eva Green well that is what I call a Mixture of something that will become a Success!

Best of Luck to All of Them!!!!

16. Comment by George in November 5, 2010 @ 3:49 pm
  17. Comment by Ali in November 12, 2010 @ 1:57 pm

My favorite actor and my favorite actress in the same movie.

Can you believe how excited I am?

18. Comment by Leo in November 13, 2010 @ 1:24 am

My favorite actor Al Pacino with my favorite actress Eva Green!! This is crazy!
    I can’t wait!!!