Ultimate Bond Girl Eva Green Gets ‘Dark Shadows’ Lead

Posted by Stef in Feb 03,2011 with 7 Comments

Eva Green has landed the female lead in Dark Shadows, the Tim Burton-directed adaptation of the 60s supernatural TV soap opera for Warner Bros. Green, who made a most memorable impression when she broke James Bond’s heart in Casino Royale as Vesper Lynd, is negotiating to play the role of Angelique. In the series, she was a powerful witch who was alternately tormented and bewitched by her love-hate relationship with Barnabas Collins. Depp will play Collins. Lara Parker played the role in the original Gothic horror soap. The French-born actress most recently starred oppposite Ewan McGregor in the romantic thriller Perfect Sense, the Sundance title just acquired by IFC. Green just signed with UTA and she is also repped by UK-based Tavistock Wood.

Source

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 at 8:16 pm and is filed under Dark Shadows, Movies, Rumours. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

7 Responses to “Ultimate Bond Girl Eva Green Gets ‘Dark Shadows’ Lead”

1. Comment by Nausicaa in February 7, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

This is great news. Curiously, according to Deadline, Arbitrage will start shooting in mid-April, which ought to conflict directly with Dark Shadows. Richard Gere will replace Al Pacino, but Susan Sarandon and Eva Green are still attached. At this point, I think Eva’s casting in Dark Shadows is still a rumor, though a highly credible, widely reported one, but its possible Deadline made a mistake with regard to Eva’s status re Arbitrage. I think the Dark Shadows role sounds miles better for her than the Arbitrage role, so if she had to pick I’d hope she’d go for Dark Shadows. Crossing my fingers.

2. Comment by Isabaell in February 8, 2011 @ 4:08 am

That´s exactly what I thought when I read that “Arbitrage” will begin shooting in mid April, with “Dark Shadows” filming the exact same month in England. With “Arbitrage” shooting in New York, its highly doubtful that Eva could do both, unless they´ll bring her in a bit later, so she could have time doing “Dark Shadows”… I personally hope that Eva will stick to “Dark Shadows” since it is the one more appealing and intriuging to her. Plus, she gets to work with Johnny Depp and one of her favorite directors Tim Burton. Not to mention that the character of Angelique is suited her perfectly!

I guess time will tell but I hope that she does “Dark Shadows”! “Arbtrage” sounded quite interesting when al Pacino was still attached but now I kinda lost my interest in this project…

Again, Eva please choose wisely and go with “Dark Shadows”! You are born to play Angelique Bouchared:-)

3. Comment by Lola in February 8, 2011 @ 7:57 am

Richard Gere/Arbitrage news: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30092

YUCK! I do not want Eva working with him – she’s much better than that – and so is Susan Sarandon, to be perfectly honest! :o

4. Comment by Rosy in February 8, 2011 @ 10:19 am

Yes, finally she’s in a movie from Tim Burton with Johnny depp, this is going to be such a great combination. I love it already!

5. Comment by Johnny in February 9, 2011 @ 11:07 am

I just saw on imdb that Tim Burton is currently filming an animation movie, called Frankenweenie, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the shooting for Dark Shadows is delayed to June/July, and allow Tim Burton to work on post-production. That way Eva will be able to do both. As it stands now is very likely Eva will have to choose one of the two. I hope she drops out of Arbitrage, Dark Shadows sounds a lot better.

6. Comment by George in February 9, 2011 @ 4:23 pm

Don’t worry about shooting conflicts my friends (Dark shadows and Arbitrage). After Womb Eva knows everything about cloning :)

7. Comment by Clarisse in February 10, 2011 @ 8:10 am

I’m so excited about this project :D