Richard Gere eyed for ‘Arbitrage’ opposite Susan Sarandon

Posted by Stef in Feb 22,2011 with 12 Comments

Richard Gere (Pretty Woman, Primal Fear) is currently in final talks to star opposite Susan Sarandon (Thelma & Louise, Dead Man Walking) and Eva Green (Casino Royale – 2006) in the high finance thriller Arbitrage.

Deadline reports that the official signing should be announced shortly, with filming due to begin in New York City as early as mid-April.

However, whether or not Gere may be able to accept the deal may depend on the viability of upcoming film State Of The Union — which has seen little action since adding the Pretty Woman star to the film and announcing the production last year.

Despite having no less than 4 producers and an estimated $40 million budget, State Of The Union has yet to sign any other key players or provide a filming schedule for the movie originally set for release some time in 2011.

Meanwhile, Arbitrage has added Aubrey Graham (Charlie Bartlett, TV’s Degrassi: The Next Generation) to join director and screenwriter Nicholas Jarecki (The Informers, The Outsider) as a cast member.

If accepted, Gere would be featured as a Wall Street player in a desperate struggle to sell off his trading empire and forced to turn to Sarandon to survive when his plans go awry.

Source

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 at 4:02 pm and is filed under Arbitrage, Rumours. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

12 Responses to “Richard Gere eyed for ‘Arbitrage’ opposite Susan Sarandon”

1. Comment by spot in February 22, 2011 @ 7:38 pm

Richard Gere is alright but what happened to Al Pacino? i thought he was already attached?

2. Comment by George in February 23, 2011 @ 3:04 am

I preferred Pacino but anyway I can accept it :)

3. Comment by Leo in February 23, 2011 @ 4:37 am

I like Gere, but I wanted to see Eva with Al Pacino.:( Thanks for the news!

4. Comment by nikos in February 23, 2011 @ 11:36 am

I agree Al Pacino is Great however Richard Gere is a under rated Actor which he happens to be a Great Actor.
    This will still be a Great Movie and The Director / Writer Nicholas Jeracki will also get the credit he deserves as well along natuarlly with Eva.
    Looking Forward to it and trying to get a part in the Movie as I will keep you folks informed :)
    Best,
    Nikos

5. Comment by np001 in February 24, 2011 @ 4:18 am

I also preferred Pacino like George said before, but we would be more likely watching the movie just for Eva.

Whatever work she has done from The Dreamers to Cracks has been phenomenal and I really hope she doesn’t lose the edge.

There are stars and there are actresses, its good to know that Eva prefers to be an actress.

To Nikos, Ti Kanis, Kala (I know very little Greek, am not sure if I have spellt it right in English).

6. Comment by nikos in February 24, 2011 @ 7:26 am

np001
    I agree with you and George as well as Al Pacino is a Block Buster Name but if he is out and Gere is in that will still be good as long as Eva is in it : )
    Your Greek/English is Very Good :)
    Ga’lee Meda / Good Morning
    Ti Kanis Kala Ka’Sea / Hello fine 7 You :)
    Have a Great Day my Friends
    Best,
    Nikos

7. Comment by np001 in February 24, 2011 @ 7:29 am

Kind words Nikos, I live in Melbourne, Australia (second largest no of Greeks after Athens).
    Souvlaki, yum as Miss Green!!

8. Comment by Nikos in February 24, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

LOL that is Funny np001 as that is what I am having for lunch in the next hour a
    Soulaki :)
    Australia is Beautiful! A place I must visit someday. I did not know there were many Greeks there :) Naturally I am in America but most of my family 90% are still in Greece in Athens, The Islands and My Paupau / GrandFather from Sparta.
    And Yes I say we invite Ms Green to Lunch for One of those Great GYRo or Souvlaki – Eva if your Reading this Let me know :)
    All the best,
    Nikos

9. Comment by George in February 24, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

@Nikos: souvlaki but without much tzatziki and give our girl some ouzo :) …stin igia mas

10. Comment by np001 in February 25, 2011 @ 8:57 am

George you are invited to the party too! I hope today is the day Nikos was going to watch Camelot teaser/trailer!!

11. Comment by George in February 26, 2011 @ 7:57 am

As I realize from the majority of the tweets regarding Camelot’s sneak preview Eva was superb. James Purefoy too…

12. Comment by np001 in February 26, 2011 @ 11:44 am

Thanks George!!
    Eva is an antonym to bad acting so yes I would agree with what you said!!