Eva in talks for “300″ Prequel

Posted by Stef in Dec 17,2011 with 13 Comments

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures’ 300 prequel hasn’t found its male star yet, but the movie is zeroing in on its female lead. Warner Bros.

Eva Green has entered negotiations to play Artemisia in the movie, which is currently working with the title 300: Battle of Artemisia. Noam Murro (Smart People) is directing.

The epic follow-up to 2006′s Gerard Butler action pic 300 sees the Persian king-turned-god Xerxes lead an army against Greek forces, who have little training but are under the guidance of a general named Themistokles. (The giant battle at the center of this movie is supposed to occur at the same time as the fighting in 300.)

Green would play a ruthless, gold-covered goddess who persuades Xerxes to amass his army and helps lead them into battle.

The studio is hoping to start production in the first quarter of 2012. Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari, Bernie Goldman, Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder and Thomas Tull are producing.

British actress Green may be best known to American audiences for playing James Bond love interest Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale or appearing in the international hit The Golden Compass. She recently wrapped shooting Dark Shadows, Warners’ big-screen take of the gothic soap opera starring Johnny Depp and directed by Tim Burton.

Source

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 17th, 2011 at 11:05 am and is filed under Movies, Rumours. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

13 Responses to “Eva in talks for “300″ Prequel”

1. Comment by Bruna Mosca in December 17, 2011 @ 11:24 am

wt*? She is French!!! “British actress Green may be best known to American audiences for “

2. Comment by Aima in December 17, 2011 @ 12:18 pm

hmm I’m not sure I’ll like the movie, this is gonna be epic, huge and hollow IMHO, I hope I’m mistaken, really really hope

3. Comment by Sara in December 17, 2011 @ 1:28 pm

I’m very happy for my country to adopt her. She’s most famous in Britain, anyway. Think that’s what they meant. She said she’s not very famous in France, she went for the British film scene (partly because her mother’s so famous in France)

4. Comment by micheska in December 17, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

I wasn´t very happy for this news when I read it yesterday, but hell yeah! She would play ARTEMIS!! :D
    However, this is the only reason why it sounds interesting….. :/

5. Comment by edenLiao in December 18, 2011 @ 7:29 am

hmm… for me, I think Eva has done too many films as… goddess, and witch. I don’t want ppl always see her as the same kinds of characters, so… I hope Eva will drop out.

6. Comment by George in December 18, 2011 @ 1:00 pm

A little history, because it’s not the strong point of The Hollywood Reporter according to which Eva is a British actress :-)
    The battle that is referred is actually the seafight of Salamina that took place 3 months after the loss of Leonidas in Thermopyles. In this battle Artemisia and her fleet were very brave, making Xerxes (who was watching the seafight from a nearby mountain) to say for Artemisia according to Herodotus:”My men fight like women and my women like men”

By the way I saw Perfect Sense and all I can say is that McKenzie’s camera is in love with Eva :-)

7. Comment by kev in December 18, 2011 @ 2:11 pm

A good news for Eva but a bad news for me : I didn’t like 300!!
    I agree with Edenliao, I would like to see Eva playing a “normal” woman, not a witch, a goddess or a queen once again. I say Stop! I want Eva without costume! a girl in 2011!
    Does anyone have seen Carnage, new Polanski’s movie?
    She would have been great for one of the role playing by Jodie Foster and Kate Winslet.

8. Comment by Nicky in December 18, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

I don’t like 300. Hope she’ll do another project and drop this role….

9. Comment by Aima in December 19, 2011 @ 2:34 am

So glad that I’m not the only one who doesn’t want her to take part in this movie XD I wish miss G ;p could read our comments and change her mind!

10. Comment by Antigonus in December 19, 2011 @ 3:51 am

She may be in danger of getting typecast, but she will presumably get paid vastly more than the series of low profile Indy movies such as Perfect Sense and Womb (not that it’s all about filthy lucre!). This and Dark Shadows will raise her profile considerably and give her more choices. Many directors/actors have a loose rule of alternating mainstream commercial movies necessary for their careers and financial security with more risky creatively satisfying ventures. [Personally I thought 300 was enjoyable nonsense!]

11. Comment by George in December 19, 2011 @ 10:30 am

I think that for the demanding and competitive world of showbiz some choices are business and some are pleasure. Anyway I won’t be surprised if Eva accepts the role (if she read a powerful character in Artemisia). Don’t forget what we said before Casino Royal and what we said after…

12. Comment by edenLiao in December 19, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

off-topic, what characters do you guys wanna see Eva do?
    for me, I hope she can do… killer, special agent! those cool characters for FEMALE!
    and… I keep Callas project in my mind all the time, I hope they’ll start filming asap, of course with Eva as Callas! also, there’s a shot from Bazaar few months ago, Eva’s look reminded me Liz Tylor, if she can do her biopic, it’s gonna be amazing!!!
    btw, I couldn’t stop thinking if Eva did “Closer” and “Black Swan”, the two films might offer her two Oscar nominations!
    anyway, I won’t judge if she ends up with doin’ 300 prequel, I’ll support! cuz til now, she never let us down! she always made best decision! so we’ll see. :)

13. Comment by Nikos in December 19, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

Hello My Friends, hope everyone is well these days! I Actually think this is another Great Part for her as she has stated she doesn’t like the Normal Roles. Her is another example what she can bring to life with her gifts of Talents so I am looking forward to seeing this…..Actually How do I audition for this LOL think I need to call my Agent on this one……Spartan Blood is already in my viens so I’m Ready : )
    Merry Christmas to Everyone and Happy Holidays, If I don’t get a chance to jump back on Happy New Years as well and God Bless Always!
    Best Regards,