Second Exclusive EvaGreenWeb.com Q&A with Eva Green – Part I

Posted by M. in May 23,2013 with 22 Comments

Yes, yes, yes!!! It’s true!!! Miss Green kindly granted us a second exclusive Q&A and answered all of our questions!!! We thank her for her kindness and for taking some time to answer us. I’d also like to thank Joy and George, without whom it wouldn’t have been possible. :D Keep checking back for the second part of the Q&A!!! ;)

Q&A session for Eva Green – 09.05.2013

1. In our previous Q &A session you said that “…you are not good at relaxing”. This past year you’ve had a suitcase in hand, filming all around the world (four projects after Dark Shadows). Aren’t you tired? Are you feeling fulfilled after working on each of these projects?
Actually I’m a workaholic so work never tires me as long as the role is « meaty » and something I can really sink my teeth into. I’ve been very lucky with the last four projects. You know because of the financial crisis, there aren’t that many films being done, so I do feel blessed, and yes, fulfilled.

2. What is the percentage of roles that you finally reject among those that are proposed to you? Have you regretted any role rejections or any role acceptances?
I receive many scripts each year, often projects that are being done at the same time as a film that I’m already committed to, and so must refuse it. Or scripts that are poorly written, or the character is a cliché which I really couldn’t give my heart and soul to and consequently refuse as I don’t want to work for the sake of working. Then you have the case of an absolutely exquisite script that for some strange reason never gets produced for lack of funds…. Very frustrating !

3. You are an actress whose work speaks for herself without much PR, magazine covers etc. However, you have a loyal audience in Evagreenweb.com (and not only) that continuously grows. Are you curious to read the comments of the fans in our site from time to time? In general, do you receive many fan mails?
Yes, I do receive fan mail, but I must admit that your website seems to be the most authoritive and (kind, thank you) on my professional life and even my agents use it to get the latest photos, interviews, etc… !

4. How often do you visit France and your family the last years? Paris or Normandy?
My home is in London and I visit my family in Paris or Normandy a couple times a year.

5. Which scenes proved to be the most difficult for you among your last projects?
I would have to say « Sin City » because of the lack of time for prep, but it was a great challenge and I didn’t get fired … Frank and Robert and the crew were the most supportive and lovely people to work with.

6. What attracted you in “White bird in a blizzard” and “The salvation”?
« White Bird in a Blizzard » was a beautifully written script, the character touched me deeply and I was drawn to the complexity of « Eve ». She really was a lovely fragile bird trapped in a cage for me…It was a big challenge to play a mother who ages from mid twenties to mid forties.

« The Salvation » is a Western and that was always one of my fantasies… The character « Madelaine » was kidnapped by the Indians and had her tongue cut out… So no dialogue for me, but a huge challenge, as I needed to convey everything without speech !

7. How did you prepare for the role of Artemisia? Were you familiar with this period of history before the role? (btw Xerxes said for Artemisia during the sea-battle of Salamis that “My men fight like women and my women fight like men” which I guess is not in the script). The premiere is postponed for next March. Are you a bit impatient about the final output?

I’ve never done an action film before and I’ve always dreamed of sword fighting and kicking ass… just being able to vent all that rage is amazing. So this was a great opportunity, plus Artemesia is a fabulous character… It’s very hard today to find strong roles for women and Artemesia is the strongest, toughest, bravest character I’ve ever played.

As for the preparation, I trained four hours a day with a group of stunt men from L.A. for three months before we began shooting. And then I continued training and sword fighting while we were shooting, luckily just on weekends. I’m not the most coordinated person so it was like learning dance steps while swinging two huge swords….It was extremely liberating and empowering !

8. Had you read the comic novel “A dame to kill for” before saying yes to Ava Lord’s role? Ava is the archetype femme fatale and the role seems tailor made for you (although you may don’t like to hear it :-). Did you have any reservations regarding the “light clothing” as presented in Frank Miller’s novel or you consider it as “just another costume”?
Ah, the nudity… Well, for the character her body is a weapon, a tool she uses to lure men to her, therefore it isn’t gratutious. Also I trusted Robert Rodriguez’s eye for the way he filmed all the scenes and knew that they would be done tastefully, artfully, and he would put me to my best advantage…

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 at 6:15 pm and is filed under 300: Rise of an Empire, Interview, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Site, The Salvation, White Bird in a Blizzard. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

22 Responses to “Second Exclusive EvaGreenWeb.com Q&A with Eva Green – Part I”

1. Comment by edenLiao in May 24, 2013 @ 3:29 am

I’m glad to see a new interview here. thank you, Mariana.
    can’t wait for the next part!! :)

2. Comment by Saverio in May 24, 2013 @ 4:04 am

Thanks to everyone who made this possible :-)

3. Comment by micheska in May 24, 2013 @ 8:28 am

Wow! Thank you so so much! All of you, you´re great group of people I meet here, thaks for helping us to be closer to Eva, who is so kind to let us get closer :) Thank you all, again :)

4. Comment by Salem in May 24, 2013 @ 10:01 am

OH MY GOD ! Thank you, thank you so much for this new Q&A ! It’s amazing, and very very very very good !! Cannot wait for the second part, it’s impossible !! Eva is adorable, and everyone who contribute to make that too… My god….

5. Comment by np001 in May 24, 2013 @ 10:17 am

You are a very good interviewer Mariana. Thank you Joy, George and off course Eva.

6. Comment by ana in May 24, 2013 @ 10:48 am

I love these interviews….the fact that you really follow her career as I do makes these interviews interesting and up-to-date with out cliche questions….Thank you very much

greetings from Slovakia :D

7. Comment by Jess in May 24, 2013 @ 3:25 pm

This interview was perfect I love hearing about what Eva has to say about her roles and the fact that anything she says makes me asdfghjkl

8. Comment by Nausicaa in May 24, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

Awesome. I’m really enjoying this, keep it coming!

9. Comment by Jingle in May 25, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

Keep it coming! Thank you Mariana and friends, and to Eva Green who’s very generous with her insights in every questions. As a newbie, it really amaze me that an actress of your caliber would grant such time to do an interview to update us….very kind of you. I think I am in the 2010 movies now…LOL have to update my genres..books to Eva Green’s movies…..just watch the Perfect Sense and Womb, wow ! very interesting plots. I have to say, kinda a intriguing choices…..Excited with the part 2!

10. Comment by Mariana in May 25, 2013 @ 8:36 pm
  11. Comment by subtitlelover in May 26, 2013 @ 9:18 am

Awesome interview. Have been a great fan since Casino Royale. When is the next part of the interview coming?

12. Comment by AusRotten in May 26, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

thank you thank you this is awesome!!! i love the new look of the site too!

13. Comment by Jingle in May 26, 2013 @ 11:45 pm

Thanks Mariana..I did read the older interview with Eva….it was impeccable indeed! High praises for you Mariana and of course to Eva..I will be watching Casino Royale in time of our Memorial Day here in the states..not that its related..its our my extended weekend….will celebrate it with Eva. Cheers to all of us! Will definitely be a fan of this site, Great stuff! Fun to read ….

14. Comment by Janis in June 11, 2013 @ 11:16 am

Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Taking the time and actual
    effort to generate a great article… but what can I say… I hesitate
    a lot and never manage to get anything done.

15. Comment by francescleo in June 14, 2013 @ 8:01 am

wow.haven’t been here for a while and I’m happy to see many changes(good ones). i love the new webdesign plus this new interview.just great! i love eva and i’m always happy to read/hear whatever she has to say. just amazing that she still has time to do this q and a. she’s just awesome. more power to egw!

16. Comment by Edwina in July 24, 2013 @ 4:20 am

Hey! I know this is sort of off-topic however I had to ask.
    Does operating a well-established website such as yours require a large amount of work?
    I’m completely new to blogging but I do write in my diary every day. I’d
    like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and
    thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or
    tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

17. Comment by adhocspace.com.sg in July 25, 2013 @ 1:32 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on office rental singapore.
    Regards

18. Comment by Piece Maker Company in July 28, 2013 @ 6:46 am

Hi, I do believe your web site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues.
    I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
    Other than that, fantastic site!

19. Comment by cheap designer handbags purses in August 8, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

This perfectly lined designer handbag is available in colors black,
    brown t-moro, chestnut, natural, red and white with natural trim.
    Look like a star in the vibrant Dooney & Bourke Luna Calf Leather handbag.
    Develop a collecting handbags that will suit your day to day activities.

20. Comment by website in August 22, 2013 @ 6:23 am

Good day! I simply would like to give you a big thumbs up for
    the excellent info you have right here on this post.
    I’ll be returning to your site for more soon.

21. Comment by farmer kollekció in October 16, 2013 @ 12:15 am

You’re in reality any perfect website owner. The internet site packing speed is usually amazing. It seems you are performing any exceptional key. Also, Your items are generally work of art. you may have done a wonderful practice during this theme!

22. Comment by iskolatáska in October 18, 2013 @ 7:56 pm

Woah this blog is excellent i like examining your content regularly. Continue being up the great work! You no doubt know, many people are searching spherical because of this facts, you could guide all of them considerably.