Timothy Dalton Cast on Showtime’s ‘Penny Dreadful’

Posted by M. in Sep 06,2013 with 7 Comments

By Tim Molloy

Star and the show’s creators share a special Bond

Timothy Dalton has been cast on Showtime’s upcoming horror series “Penny Dreadful.”

Dalton shares a unique Bond with show creators John Logan and Sam Mendes: He played agent 007 in “The Living Daylights” and “License to Kill,” and they worked together on “Skyfall.”

Dalton is set to play “Sir Malcolm,” a hardened African explorer on a deeply personal quest. He joins previously announced stars Josh Hartnett and Eva Green, who has yet another Bond connection: She played Vesper Lind in “Casino Royale.”

Penny Dreadful” is created, written and executive produced by Logan, Mendes and Pippa Harris. Two of the first eight episodes will be directed by Juan Antonio Bayona, who helmed “The Orphanage” and “The Impossible.”

It is set to begin filming this fall for a 2014 premiere.

Source

This entry was posted on Friday, September 6th, 2013 at 2:12 pm and is filed under Penny Dreadful. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

7 Responses to “Timothy Dalton Cast on Showtime’s ‘Penny Dreadful’”

1. Comment by Nausicaa in September 6, 2013 @ 9:14 pm

I look forward to hearing about the rest of the cast. I love Billie Piper, Timothy Dalton was recently very delightful in “Hot Fuzz”, and the actor who’ll play Dorian Gray is very pretty. Here’s hoping more attractive men and strong actors will be cast! ;)

2. Comment by Nicolás Suszczyk in September 10, 2013 @ 11:11 am

Hi people,

I want to thank whoever is behind this site because of it’s beautiness and constant updates about the career of a gorgeous and very smart and kind girl like Eva. I of course first heard about her in “Casino Royale” and I’m ashamed to say I haven’t seen the other films (“300 Rise of An Empire” will be top priority). I’ve been visiting it since 2006 and everything here is wonderful!

My special blessings and best wishes for everyone behind it.

Nico

3. Comment by Ashley in September 17, 2013 @ 6:50 am

If anyone here is from IRELAND, Eva’s new show Penny Dreadful is having an open extras casting call this weekend September 20 – 21 at Gresham hotel, 23 O’Connell street, Dublin 1 @12:00 until 20:00. You don’t need any experience and you don’t need to make an appointment. The only requirement is to be 16 years of age or older!

4. Comment by Antigonus in September 17, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

I’m from Dublin, but I think I’ll set limits on my fandom! Hopefully we’ll see her round. This is the third feature she’s shot here after Cracks and Camelot.

5. Comment by shady in September 21, 2013 @ 5:52 am

one time you take attention for me my be i will happy for ever

6. Comment by BigMan3000 in September 23, 2013 @ 10:23 am

First teaser for the horror series Penny Dreadful.

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VWxT6GJyTM

7. Comment by spot in September 26, 2013 @ 3:04 am

The guests are all interesting choices. Good casting.