Welcome to Eva Green Web, your oldest, largest and most up-to-date fan resource dedicated to the talented and stunning BAFTA-winning French actress, best known for her roles in The Dreamers, Casino Royale, Dark Shadows, 300: Rise of an Empire and Penny Dreadful. Here you will find all the latest news, detailed information about Eva and her career, the largest Eva photo gallery online and much more. Thank you for visiting and enjoy your stay.
Note: This interview was done after shooting of Episode 7.
Many of you may have already noticed our new YouTube Channel and our recently revamped Tumblr, but we wanted to make a proper post about them and give special thanks to the rockstars behind all the new content.
Great big thank yous go out to Sebastian for setting up and maintaining our new YouTube Channel and to Arya for overhauling and maintaining our new and improved Tumblr. We greatly appreciate all of their hard work and hope you will all appreciate and enjoy it as well.
EGW: On a scale of 1 to Eva Green, how intense is the episode?
James Hawes: Well I guess you, the audience, must decide. But I’m pretty confident we’re talking a 10 on the intensity scale…
EGW: Could you share any production tidbit with us on directing Eva?
JH: What you need to know is that Eva is the most extraordinarily committed and exciting of actors. She throws herself into scenes to point of terrifying the director + crew who are part of the world she is creating. People had to look away, even on set.
EGW: Thank you for such high praises for Ms. Green! We couldn’t be any prouder of her! We are very much looking forward to Possession! We did hear the very same thing from cast and crew of episode 2 (Séance) and episode 5 (Closer Than Sisters)! Filming those (since we cannot spoil!) scenes must have been surreal and it must have been a delight for you as a director! Editing the episodes must have been enjoyable!
JH: Yes. And wait til you see Josh, Harry, Danny and Tim opposite her in this one.
EGW: Will you be livetweeting with us? It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on each scene as a director
JH: In which time zone??
EGW: Original US Showtime airing? 10PM ET, Sunday. Or will you be doing one a week later (UK Sky Atlantic airing)? It’s usually @reevecarney who tweets with us during US. It would be awesome if you could too. Your POV will be interesting!
JH: That would require me to be awake at 3am…well…just maybe. Let’s see what @SHO_Penny thinks… @reevecarney Not sure you will have breath to tweet with during this episode…
EGW: Ha! You are great in making the fans worry with this tweet, sir. Some are already ordering oxygen tanks based on the previews alone!
1.06 What Death Can Join Together
Congratulations to the winners of our fourth and fifth Penny Dreadful Twitter contests: @mgraceaquino (Philippines) and @wingedwater (Belgium) won Victor Frankenstein posters, @finnmarin (US) won a Sir Malcolm poster, @amazingpri (Brazil) and @PREDATUM (Canada) won Vanessa Ives posters, @AprilDiamond28 (US) and @BrandyLotusgirl (US) won Dorian Gray posters and @EmA2ReN (France) won a Creature poster.
We thank Eva and her twin sister Joy (our intermediary) copiously for making this possible! Enjoy!
11. What has changed in your way of acting since you’ve started your career?
Eva Green: Well, I’m older so I’ve lived more and consequently can relate to more of the “given circumstances” that may arise in the film…
12. Do you think that acting in a different language changes your process? Do you feel like acting in English is harder than in French? Or does it help you because you feel like a different person and it helps you escape your personality?
Eva Green: Most of my films have been in English and I so love the language that I’ve kind of adopted it as my own… it feels like me.
13. When you’re playing a character who can’t communicate verbally in “The Salvation“, what challenges does this pose for you as an actor? Do you find that you must change the emphasis on different aspects of your performance, such as body language, in ways that you wouldn’t in a role where you can be dependent on dialogue to convey emotion?
Eva Green: It was very challenging to play a mute character in The Salvation because it forces you to be very focused and filled emotionally so that your body language is readable.
14. Recently, trivias of you having a Directing degree in New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts and an acting polishing course with London’s Webber Douglas Academy have been popping up everywhere (specifically on your imdb.com page and on your Wikipedia page), is there any truth to this? Could you take us through your academic endeavours?
Eva Green: I have no idea where this rumour comes from, though I wish I had gone to Tisch School in New York, it just isn’t true… I did a workshop at Webber Douglas, that’s true.
15. You’ve captured a huge geek/comic book fan base thanks to your San Diego Comic-Con appearance because of “300: Rise of an Empire” and, consequently, “Sin City: A Dame to Kill For“. There have been suggestions among this fan base that they would want you to play a female Sith Lord in the upcoming “Star Wars” sequels. What can you say about this? Have you gotten a call from J.J. Abrams?
Eva Green: No, none of it is true… just internet bullshit…
“Eva, thanks again for your time.
Our warmest wishes
— The End —
A frightening psychological thriller that weaves together classic horror origin stories into a new adult drama.Official Photos Facebook Twitter YouTube IMDb
Tells the backstory of Dwight as he is wrapped up in the thralls of femme fatale Ava Lord.Official Site Photos IMDb
In 1870s America, a peaceful American settler kills his family's murderer which unleashes the fury of a notorious gang leader. His cowardly fellow townspeople then betray him, forcing him to hunt down the outlaws alone.Photos IMDb Facebook Instagram
In 1988, a teenage girl's life is thrown into chaos when her mother disappears.Photos IMDb
Greek general Themistokles leads the charge against invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemisia, vengeful commander of the Persian navy.Official Site Photos IMDb Facebook Twitter YouTube